Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

BULLETIN BOARDS & DISPLAY : November 2015 NaNoWriMo


     I was in a spastic frenzy to put something up in the glass hallway case outside the library, and there is little time between now and when I need to put Christmas stuff up.
     So I did a quick NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) display, including the nanowrimo.org website, and some simple explanation of what it is. None of the English teachers I've asked at this school know what it is, yet. But hopefully they'll start getting interested.

I stole that graphic at the top from somewhere online. It didn't have an artist credited, otherwise I would include that. The typewriter with the green background is from a monthly calendar I had a few years ago. The shield I printed in black and white from the official website, and then had a library volunteer (my aunt!) color the blue background.

     On the official website, they had a brief list of some professionally/traditionally published novels that started out as NaNoWriMo books. Here are a few:

Sara Gruen’s Water for Elephants
Erin Morgenstern’s The Night Circus
Rainbow Rowell’s Fangirl
and Marissa Meyer’s Cinder

These typewriters are just clip art printed on cream-colored paper, and then I cut a slit where the paper would come out, and hand-lettered the genre banners on white paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment